Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

What post processor do I have

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Brad Guest, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Brad Guest

Builder

Hi folks. I just purchased PhotoVcarve from Vectric . I am running an open builds blackbox with touch controller & it asks what post processor I am using but I do not see anything familiar with the drop down list . Can someone let me know where to look or what the Openbuilds one looks like . I also have Aspire 9.5 from vectric but do not see it on the dropdown list either upload_2022-4-24_22-2-54.png (unless it has some weird name I am not recognizing )

2. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

#2 Alex Chambers, Apr 25, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
  3. Brad Guest

Builder

error.JPG I checked the list in the dropdown & Openbuild GRBL is not on it . I have bought the stand alone separate PhotoVcarve program , not the one included in Aspire10 & 11 . I have aspire9.5 . Here is what happens when I move that file into that list

#3 Brad Guest, Apr 25, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
  4. sharmstr

sharmstr OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

I just downloaded the trial. Use gcode_mm or gcode_inch. After you save the file, open it up with a text editor and remove the first line which should be "T1 M6". Save and you should be good to go.

If that works, contact vectric and ask them how you can use your own processor. If the app allows you, then its easy enough to edit the gcode_mm and gcode_inch files to remove the "t1 M6" line from the processor. Just delete that line which is located in the "begin HEADER" section.