Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Unknown issue with OB Control/Black Box

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by DaveySLP, Aug 7, 2024.

1. DaveySLP

DaveySLP New
    Builder

Hi, have had an open builds laser cutting machine for a while with black box controller. But an odd issue has started arising which I can't figure out what is going on. Have attached 2 photos. Basically the cutting job you see is exactly the same as the job I did before with zero issues (literally did one job after the other - same origin and everything, nothing was changed other than a new sheet to cut). But in this one, the laser head was randomly moved outside the cutting dimensions (which is not part of the tool movement in G-code) and triggered a fault as you can see on the other photo. Now the fault appears to be that a limit switch was triggered, and the screen message was that position was possibly lost, but if so, how could this have happened? Because as with the previous job (which was identical in every way and worked flawlessly), the cutter head is always a safe distance away from the limit switch triggers. Is it a bug in software? About a month ago the same issue was happening, but I never got to the bottom of it. If anyone can help or knows the solution, very grateful for you help :)!

D :)

Attached Files:

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Could be docs:blackbox-x32:faq-emi [OpenBuilds Documentation] or a switch that has become damaged internally

3. DaveySLP

DaveySLP New
    Builder

Thanks for that, will try disconnecting the limit switches and see if that works...