Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

software

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Tracy5, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Tracy5

Tracy5 New
    Builder

Hi , I'm very new to the cnc world. We finally got our 1515 carving , which I'm very excited about . Ive spent alot of time this week trying to learn the openbuilds software and learning to pull images into inkscape then into openbuilds control and have been successfull in carving those images . My question is , if I wanted buy a file from esty , do I have to buy a different software to pull a file in or will the software that came with my purchase of the 1515 be able to read the file and carve it ? If I need to purchase software such as carveco , vcarve , what would you recommend ? Thanks

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

3. Tracy5

Tracy5 New
    Builder

Thank you for your reply , I was going through those last night to see the difference between the software . If I could ask another question , is there a way in openbuilds cam to adjust the depth of the bit to cut out an image ? I was looking in the settings to see if I could change the depth but since I'm new to doing this, I really did'nt know if I should mess with the settings to do this , or again do I need to purchase a software to do this.

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Cut depth can be set yes:

upload_2021-9-30_21-35-41.png

crispin likes this.