Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Shipping delays

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Tim Percy, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Tim Percy

Tim Percy Well-Known
    Builder

I got to say, I'm a little disappointed. I placed an order for a Lead 1515 two and half weeks ago. When I received no notification of shipping, I contacted Openbuilds last week. They advised, due to their move it was delayed and would ship late last week our early this week....still no shipping notification this week so I contacted them yesterday, only to receive the same line, hope ship late this week or early next week.

It would have been nice to know before an order is placed.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Best to enquire about shipments directly from the store to get it resolved soonest. Speak to them via the New Ticket option on Support

3. Tim Percy

Tim Percy Well-Known
    Builder

I did, got the same line two weeks in a row.

4. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team

Hi Tim,
    The Team is working hard to ensure you receive your order quickly and I am sure its in que soon.
    We are excited to see all the cool projects you create on your new LEAD 1515!
    Thank you once again for your patience and understanding as we work hard to make this transition.

5. Tim Percy

Tim Percy Well-Known
    Builder

Thanks Mark

I understand sh.. happens. I'm just big on communication. Like I said previously, knowing there would be delays at the time of ordering would have been nice to know, but then getting shipping dates pushed back twice doesn't help a customer as he anxiously awaits his new toy. ;)

I can't wait to get the Lead 1515 (in case you haven't noticed). I have a number of parts (kayak accessories) I'm looking forward to producing.

6. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team

Very cool! I know that feeling for sure, but I have to say it pales in comparison to how amazing it is after the assembly to watch the machine make its first move!
    We wish you all the best with your new LEAD and hope it brings you years of joy and we really want o see the projects you make so we are hopeful you will share them with the awesome community here.

7. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team

Please be sure to post in the Projects section. We have a number of kayakers here on the forum always looking for good ideas.

8. Tim Percy

Tim Percy Well-Known
    Builder

Thanks Rick

I presently produce some parts for Hobie kayaks that are available through a few US dealers (I sell them myself up here in Canada), but my present manufacturing setup is labor intensive and messy. :) I'm hoping the LEAD 1515 will help produce the parts more efficiently and I have a number of other parts designed that I'm looking forward to producing with the LEAD 1515. I'm new to CNC routers and I'm hoping I can figure out pass-through with 4' x 8' sheets.

Rick 2.0 likes this.
  9. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team

Can you produce a cheaper replacement seat for the Hobie kayaks. It is absolutely ridiculous they want more for a cheap plastic and mesh seat than La-Z-Boy wants for a leather recliner. They sure are proud of their stuff. ;)

10. Tim Percy

Tim Percy Well-Known
    Builder

Yes, but they are so comfortable...best seats in the industry. I can do 12 hours in my Pro Anglers.

11. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team

I would love to try 12 hours, but the fish won't cooperate. I am usually limited out way sooner than that.***

*** (egregious humble brag -- my apologies)

12. Tim Percy

Tim Percy Well-Known
    Builder

I do a lot of tournaments, but they are usually 9 or 10 hours.

13. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team

I help run a couple Kayak fishing tournaments on the west coast. I am too impatient to let the tournaments last that long. 8 hours is plenty. Although I am heading to a week long one on Friday. We do an invite only on the Columbia River at the mouth of the river (Buoy 10 fishery) for salmon. You get about 5 days to find one big fish you can weigh. It can be challenging with winds and tidal currents so we do not want inexperienced people showing up and getting sucked out to sea. You would not want your Pro Angler there. That would suck to have to pedal into the tidal currents for 6 hours straight which is why I have the Revolution. It also doesn't hurt when it lands on you in the surf.

#13 Giarc, Aug 11, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  14. Tim Percy

Tim Percy Well-Known
    Builder

I've added motors this year. :) I haven't done much salmon fishing....did a little on Lake Michigan and we do one or two steelhead trips to the Grans River in Michaigan each year. I do mostly bass, walleye and musky.

15. Rusty windom

Builder

I know this thread is a little older but glade I found it. it may explain why parts I ordered Aug 14th are still saying Awaiting fulfillment.

16. Tim Percy

Tim Percy Well-Known
    Builder

I did receive my machine and it's up and running. The OpenBuilds team moved to a new location at the beginning of the month, so things are a little behind as they work through the logistics.

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  17. Rusty windom

Builder

I knew something had to be going on.
    I never waited this long for something to ship.
    Maybe they get it together soon, I forgot to add some screws but with this going on I hate to order them.

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  18. Peter Van Der Walt

Well caught up, almost there but best to talk to the store directly for the most accurate estimates, via https://support.openbuilds.com > New Ticket link

19. Rusty windom

Builder

Did that last night but it was so late I'm sure they were in bed may get a response today.
    Thank you

20. Peter Van Der Walt

Most definitely will, if not, check your Spam folder too

21. Rusty windom

Builder

Well no response so I sent a new ticket. and nothing in spam.

22. Rusty windom

Builder

Spoke To soon, Just Received response