Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Settings

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Dean Webb, Jan 29, 2024.

1. Dean Webb

Dean Webb New
    Builder

Somehow when upgrading my Workbee CNC to Blackbox X32 I messed up my settings trying to home right rear instead of left front like my previous controller did. It's all fouled up now and X Y and Z won't move.
    Will factory reset allow me to start all over or should I download the software again and start from scratch.
    If I remember I inverted the x axis and disengaged 2 things but don't remember what they were or did. Obviously I'm a novice. Any advise?
    Thank you,
    Dean

PS: will also be adding the interface and XYZ Plus but one step at a time.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Reload last good Backup from CONTROL > Grbl Settings > Restore Backup

Or if you forgot to take a backup when all was well (don't forget next time - backup when its working correctly!) Reload the stock profile from CONTROL > Grbl Settings > Select machine from the list > Save and Reset when prompted.

While testing 1) Make sure it all jogs the correct way round - if not checkout $3 Direction Invert, once thats correct - then 2) fix Homing Direction in $23 according to where your switches are installed.

Our profiles will resolve the no-movement issue (Profiles sets key values like $4-Enable Invert and also others)