Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Ran into a problem today

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Rod13, Aug 15, 2023.

1. Rod13

Rod13 New
    Builder

Was trying to run a small project today and ran into an issue.
    First, I am using vectric software using win 10 OS. Create the code, and move it to my laptop ( currently upgraded to win 11 OS. Open the openbuilds control software and went to the process of setting every up and zeroing out.(x,y,z). my project was to pocket out a 2.2" square , dept of 0.63"(on a 1" ), with 4 passes. First 0ne pass set at .1532
    Started to run the project notice that the bit dug way deep(like a 1/4 ") into the board and cut out the entire square. Act like the z was set in-properly , but it was off the surface of the board. I'm just wondering if it was because I create it in win 10 and move it to win 11 to run the code. I had no problem with win 10 to win 10.
    Thanks
    Rod

2. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

Win 11 is not the issue. A g-code file is just a simple text file containing step by step commands for your machine. More likely is an error in the way you did the cam or set up the machine - homing? or setting workplace zero.
    Post your g-code file please so we can have a look at it.
    What version of Vectric software are you using? Upload your Vectric file also and someone with a compatible version can have a look at that.

Are you using the Openbuilds post processor for Vectric?

docs:software:vectric [OpenBuilds Documentation]

Alex.

#2 Alex Chambers, Aug 16, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2023
    Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  3. Rod13

Rod13 New
    Builder

Thanks for the reply, I found this in the junk folder found this why I was late replying. what the problem was, its came to me at 3:30 in the morning, it was the in the setup (toolpath side) I had it set for .2 for the z height , change it to .1 and it work .

Alex Chambers likes this.