Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

project done movement

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by BeeAMaker, Dec 18, 2020.

1. BeeAMaker

BeeAMaker Well-Known
    Builder

Got my LEAD 1010 up and running. did a bunch of testing today. One thing I'm not sure about. What is the machine supposed to do once the project is done? Mine will raise the bit, then it seems to move until it hits a E-Stop on the X or Y. Is this what it is supposed to do? The simulator shows it return to -10 on the X and Y. Shouldn't return to 0,0?

Using F360 and the OB post processor to generate the GCODE.

Thanks

Gota say, supper happy with this machine.

2. Christian James

Christian James Journeyman
    Builder

Well, it should return to the start position of your job - raise Z, go to X0, Y0 as you suggest. i don't use F360 much so have no suggestions on that.

3. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Do you have limit switches, homed correctly? Then set start/end of job position to say -10 (0 will hit the switch, so use less than 0) in the Post Processor parameters

4. BeeAMaker

BeeAMaker Well-Known
    Builder

Your the man :thumbsup:
    Homed yes - Post processor shows -10 on X, Y, and Z. Didn't realize I could change those.

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  5. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team

Z ending will always have to be negative .
    but if you have X and Y limits at front left corner, the end positions will have to be positive to avoid hitting the switches.

I f you hover your mouse over each of the post option sin turn you will get pop-up help for every one of them.
    Read the help, knowledge is power (-:

6. BeeAMaker

BeeAMaker Well-Known
    Builder

OK, think I got it. I played with it a bit today and realized changing the Z also effect the starting position. I will leave it at -10 for now.
    I am guessing the numbers that effect this is the machine limit of 90mm, the stock thickness, and the -10 post setting. At the start of a project, with Z zeroed the bit raises to 58.7mm (90-25.4-10 = 54.6) So do I understand that correctly?

Thanks again, still learning and self taught, bet you couldn't guess.

7. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team

pretty much.
    G53 moves in absolute machine coordinates so it is not calculating anything here, it is just moving to machine Z zero - 10mm (which is why machine Z 0 must be high)
    Since industry standards have evolved to where machine Z 0 is always high up far away from the work, it is the safest place to be when traversing to the start of the cut.
    By doing this we are hoping to clear any vices and clamps that might be outside the work area, but since we don' know where the operator left the machine, might be at a safe toolchange position, might be just left of a great big clamp and 'part zero' is just right of the great big clamp, so we must try to go up and over. Breaking a $5 bit is just as annoying as breaking a $100 bit (-: