Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Program won't run after uploaded to workbee interface

Discussion in 'Interfaces' started by Patrick Oli, Dec 13, 2021.

1. Patrick Oli

Builder

Hi
    I have been having this issue for 5 day and started randomly with no reason(that I can see). The machine will Home and locate at Work Zero but soon as I run a gcode program the interface says 100% loaded and then nothing. In have tried programs that I have already done on that machine since assemble so I dont think its a Gcode problem, it seem to be a disconnect between interface and machine. When looking at system it says SD card 0 mounted / SD card 1 not mounted . Does this have anything to do with it ?I have had help off a few good guys but we have tried all they know and still nothing, could this be a hardware problem? Still pretty new at this so I will answer the best I can and any help or surrgestion are very much appreciated

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

What controller are you using?
    You use the word interface in lowercase, not sure if you refer to the Software (Web Interface?), or our Interface: https://docs.openbuilds.com/interface
    Do post the GCODE file too.

The more details provided the quicker we can help

3. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

Your mention of the SD card suggests to me that you are using a Duet or possibly XproV5 controller - could you give us more details of your control set up?
    Also, as @Peter Van Der Walt said, please post your g-code file as that is likely to give us clues about what is happening.
    If your controller is the Duet the default SD card is indeed SD0 - the Duet can have an additional SD card via an external card reader.
    Alex.

4. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

PS - if you do have the Duet can you tell us what version of the firmware you are using? There are significant differences between the latest firmware based on Rep-Rap version 3.3 and earlier versions based on Rep-Rap version 2.
    Alex.

5. Patrick Oli

Builder

Hi
    I'm using Workbee Web Interface I cant post Gcode at moment as I'm kot home but will later. Would teh Gcode change after I already used it and completed a job? This is what I see when uploaded a job
    Cheers for you help

Attached Files:

6. Patrick Oli

Builder

HI Alex
    Yes I'm using the Duet Controller and I just notice that the SD was SD0 so that good at least
    Cheers

7. Patrick Oli

Builder

And controller is Duet controller

8. Patrick Oli

Builder

Hi its version 3.3 firmware

9. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

You do seem to have some connection problems - is this the WiFi version of the Duet? Have you set it up to connect via your lan or as an access point?
    For background information - what cad/cam software are you using and which post processor?
    I might be able to help more by remote access if you have team viewer installed and are willing to try that.
    Alex.

10. Patrick Oli

Builder

ok ill try my best
    • yes it is WiFi version of the Duet , I didn't do lan connection so i assume its access point (followed the manual instruction -just re-done that part of set up again tonight)
    • Aspire Vectric is my software
    • i dont have Team Viewer and but i can get it and am happy for you to connect by remote access
    like i said im new to this upgrade but kind of enjoy the learning of the erorrs
    Thanks for you help

11. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

Afraid I can't do much this evening (cooking my wife's birthday cake). What times are you available (I'm also UK based). I would still like to see a g-code file that failed to run and could you please tell me which post processor you used with Aspire - also, which version of Aspire?
    Alex.

Giarc and sharmstr like this.
  12. Patrick Oli

Builder

Hi Alex
    I hope the cake turned out good and I like that you have you priorities in the right place looking after your wife, happy wife happy life

• Aspire 9.011
    • Post processor - I cant find what post processor Aspire uses but the G code is set at "G code(mm) (*tap)
    • G code I don't know how to see my Gcode plus am having trouble just connecting machine and Interface together so sorry i cant give you this info
    maybe if you find time to remote you can see some gremlins, as far as I know I haven't change any settings or done anything different from the last time I run a program that worked last week
    I'm in most nights and be available most weekend as I have small kids to normal my world revolves around them and nothing I cant change so just say when is good for you to have a look id very much appreciate it

cheers

13. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

That's not a good post processor for the Duet. Birthday tomorrow, and hospital Friday, so will try to find time over the weekend. Download team viewer and install for personal use in case we need it. Have you still got YAT installed on your PC?
    I'll message you with some useful info.
    Alex.

14. Patrick Oli

Builder

yes ive still got YAT installed
    i have attached the Gcode file that worked and then didnt( i think you it the gcode not sure how else to see it)
    over the weekend will be good, I'm on kids duty so should not be far if you let me know a time ill make sure I'm around
    what would be a better post processor? i did know that would make all the difference

thanks for all you help

Attached Files:

15. Patrick Oli

Builder

EDIT .........................
    No idea why but the beast has came to life, I'm running the same Gcode but i just kept trying looking for differences i the setting the boom its started
    its seemed like it was stuck in the middle of a program and all stuck on pause but now it started up again
    you can still go remote and find out what the issue is as i don't know if its going to happen again but until then

Alex Chambers likes this.