Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

plasma table: unable to resume failed cuts

Discussion in 'OpenBuilds Forum Help' started by Myths, Apr 14, 2024.

1. Myths

Myths New
    Builder

hi i have been playing with this software for about 2 weeks now on a newly built table and have problems with failed cuts, it probably has to do with my settings im still trying to dial in the speeds and height. The problem though is that i have not once been able to resume a failed cut and i cant find any video info about how to do this for this controller. Does anyone have any info on how to do this? i have done the basic gcode editor, resume from here but 100% of the time doesnt work. i normally get 1 of 3 problems, 1 it just does crazy stuff with cutter. keeps trying to push the cutter threw the part then drag it around, 2 it moves to area then says there is no arc and fails, 3 it just doesnt do anything and says some kind of error about something not found. am i doing this wronge because i cant see myself using this if unable to resume a failed cut.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

The resume wizard is not meant for Plasma (as Plasma's need additional probing and zeroing between parts). Best to recam sections that need recutting but rather - That should never happen in the first place. Address the problem (extinguishing of arc prematurely) and you won't need the things you are focused on

3. Myths

Myths New
    Builder

ok thanks