Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

OpenBuilds CAM Software

Discussion in 'CAM' started by Mark Carew, Oct 8, 2018.

1. KEN MACDONALD

Builder

I've been trying this out today on my MacBook Pro. Two things to note. 1. It doesn't seem to run very well in Safari 2. On a Mac when selecting you use the 'alt' key not the 'ctrl' key. That's as far as I have got. Just getting my head around inside cuts, outside cuts and pockets etc.

2. SI HIHOT

SI HIHOT New
    Builder

Dzień dobry rozpoczynający się z openbuilds cam. Posiadam projekt do wycięcia laserem pliku svg i cad, po wrzuceniu projektu do programu i zaznaczeniu kilku czynności i utworzeniu nazwy nazwy i jak laser może wywołać wyskakuje mi taki komunikat. „Wystąpił błąd:TypeError: Nie można odczytać właściwości nieznanych (odczyt „dzieci”)”. Prosze o pomoc i mogą jakieś materiały dla absolwentów (posiadanie szkoleń z programów)???. Posiadam maszynę LEAD 1010. Może mam ustawienia złe pod maszyną. Już opadnięte ręce.

Attached Files:

3. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

English only please, see section 15 of the terms you agreed to during registration: Terms of Service and Rules | OpenBuilds

4. SI HIHOT

SI HIHOT New
    Builder

Good morning starting with openbuilds cam. I have a project to cut an SVG and CAD file with a laser, after uploading the project to the program and selecting a few activities and creating a name, name and how the laser can be called, this message pops up. "Error: TypeError: Unable to read unknown properties (reading 'children')." I am asking for help and some documents for graduates (possessing qualifications from programs)??? I have a LEAD 1010 machine. Maybe my settings are wrong on the machine. My hands are already slumped.

5. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team

6. Beeworks

Beeworks New
    Builder

Hello, I hadn't used my lead1515 in a while, had to reboot the laptop and reinstall controll etc... but now that I'm setting it up again I have an issue with the Z axis when I run a job ( I use it for plasma cutting)
    I don't have a Z-probe so I always set xyz 0 manually. But when I do this now and run the job, the head moves to the right x-y space and then proceeds to plunge in Z way beyond point 0 until it gives an alarm about not finding the Z-probe.
    The only place I can find anything about a Z probe setting is in Openbuilds CAM settings under "Plasma: Touch Off Sequence" which has as a setting
    "G38.2 Z-30 F500; Touch off Probe
    G10 L20 Z-3; Set Z Zero"

I have no idea if that is the issue and what I'm supposed to enter in the box to stop it from looking for the Z-probe.

7. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team

you dont have a probe so you must turn off the touch off sequence.
    upload_2024-9-26_12-40-51.png

Attached Files:

Beeworks likes this.