Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

not enough time.

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Vegaz, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Vegaz

Vegaz New
    Builder

By chance could i get a few suggestions about an issue with my build. First I have to say I have strolled quite a bit through the forums and notice a few close to my issue. but fixes did not work. And while I do sometimes enjoy the research. Im to about 10 hours a week total I can do anything. So this is why I am asking for the help. With all that said.....
    Issue is with xyz probe.
    openbuilds LEAD 1010, with Z kit. looking at doubling Zheight currently on that. running a 1.5 kw water cooled spindle with VFD controlled by openbuilds cad/cam. Added a few things to make life easy. and thats about all.
    Issue: Home machine and then bring up to where part will be mounted. Locate mill over touchoff plate as shown in the probe function of the control software. hook up magnet and the plate lights up.
    when I tell computer mill is in position and then tell it "probe". It moves 22.5 in x and y and then alarms out. GRBL ERROR : 9 - GCode locked out during alarm or jog state. G4 P0.3.
    ALARM : 4 - Probe fail. The probe is not in the right state expected initial state before starting probe cycle, where g38.2 and g38.3 are not triggered and g38.4 and g38.5 are triggered. [g0 x22.5 y22.5]

Any help, thoughts, ideas, drink recipes will be greatly appreciated.
    thank you
    Blaine

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

David the swarfer likes this.