Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Noob BlackBox questions.

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by ReneX, Jun 23, 2023.

1. ReneX

ReneX New
    Builder

Hello,

1. I see two BlackBoxes for sale (this one and this one), is there any reason why to choose one over the other?
    2. Does the BlackBox comes preassembled? I am asking because I saw a video where someone said you have to put it together, if you need to assemble the BlackBox, what kind of skills / tools do you need to do that?
    3. The BlackBox information page states that the unit comes with Xtension Connectors, by this, do you guys mean that it comes with Xtension Connectors for every single BlackBox connector or just some?
    4. Assuming I already have all the stepper motors and limit switches I need, Is it enough to get the BlackBox and the Power Supply to get everything working? Or do I need something else? I would really like to get everything I need in a single order so I don't have to place a second one.
    5. And the most important question....Is the BlackBox designed to work best with CNC type of movements? In other words, for *example*, if someone was trying to build a robotic arm using stepper motors, would the BlackBox not be a good solution to control the robotic arm?
    Thanks.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

BlackBox 4X was the old one, grab the X32
    Yes, reassembled.
    Yes, all connectors.
    Make sure to check your motors electrical specs. We do recommend Xtension Limits (onboard EMI filtering)
    Grbl / grblHAL is primarily a CNC firmware