Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Need help on my probe

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Jayhawk714, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Jayhawk714

Builder

Need some help for my probe. I loaded Roughing file and the probe worked great. However, after that file was finished and the bit went to the home position. I changed bits and loaded the finishing file and went to probe but the bit stops, as in the picture. I then also get the error message. I closed OpenBuilds then reloaded the file and did another probe with the same results. I rebooted my laptop but that didn't help. What do I need to do so I can so I can tart the engraving again?

IMG_0640.jpg openbuilds probe error.png

#1 Jayhawk714, Mar 23, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
  2. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

Use the troubleshooting tab in Openbuilds Control to check that your probe is working correctly, and check the wiring to the probe for breaks/shorts.
    Alex.

3. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Also check your Grbl settings ($6=1 for BlackBox X32, and $6=0 for BlackBox 4X)

4. Jayhawk714

Builder

Alex, thanks for your reply. All the wires are good. I ran the roughing file right before with no problems. Just seems weird it was working one minute and the next minute nothing. It also just also dawned on me I had this problem a month or two back. Going to go back and go over the reply's and see what I had to do getting things working again.

Peter, I am not using the Black Box but the X-controller that came with my Inventables X-Carve 1000. But I'm thinking maybe to buy one so I won't have this problem in the future.

Alex Chambers likes this.