Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Migration of Blackbox to X Carve Pro Machine

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by AdvocateX, Mar 11, 2022.

1. AdvocateX

AdvocateX New
    Builder

Following a lengthy round of frustration with Inventables over availability of stepper motors I finally caved in and purchased the X Carve upgrade. However, in the middle I was confronted with the aggravation of controller issues and decided to purchase a Blackbox and Interface from Openbuilds.

I assembled and connected the Openbuilds equipment but have not been able to get the system to operate properly.

I am using Aspire V11 to create code and transferring to the interface via USB thumb drive prepared by Openbuilds Controller. To date I have never successfully completed XYZ Plus zeroing. When I attempt to zero the machine manually I get an immediate jump approximately 6 inches left and back when the job required a cut located 1 inch Y+ and 1 inch X+.

How do I reset the software via the interface? I am completely lost at this point.

2. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Did you home the machine before setting your XYZ zero point? Did you calibrate the various axis? Grbl v1.1 Configuration · gnea/grbl Wiki If you have homing switches do you home to the all positive direction? Right rear (ie X and Y both positive) and Z up?

#2 Giarc, Mar 11, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
    Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  3. AdvocateX

AdvocateX New
    Builder

I was unaware of this wiki. I am printing it and will attempt to sus out my errors and make amends. Thank you very much for your rapid response. What started out as a retirement activity has evolved into a very costly adventure. I will provide additional response when progress has been achieved.