Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

MGN linear rails

Discussion in 'Concepts and Ideas' started by gonzapa1, Sep 8, 2023.

1. gonzapa1

gonzapa1 New
    Builder

I am trying replace the wheels for linear rails in my c-beam gantry but the holes on my XL plate do not match with the MGN12h block for a direct fit

Is there a bracket part avail to be able to mount them at 90 degrees as shown in the pic?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

You could try these aluminum L brackets but you may need to drill out your own holes for the linear bearings

3. gonzapa1

gonzapa1 New
    Builder

I Looked at those but they are too small . I would need something that is at least 2 inches to attach to the C-beam side

4. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Commonly available extruded aluminum angle worked for me. You can easily cut it with a chop saw to length and us a printed patter for the holes if using a drill press. I believe mine was 3/16 inch thick, 2"x3". I used the corresponding OpenBuilds plate for the hole pattern for one angle leg (3") and the hole pattern for the MGN15 blocks for the 2" leg of the angled piece.
    upload_2023-9-24_16-3-58.png

I just machined the angle pieces using a jig. But I had an existing CNC machine which makes things a bit easier.

DSC_0154.JPG

DSC_0177 (2).JPG

DSC_0181.JPG

Attached Files: