Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

LEAD1515 Assembly Questions

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Timothy Curtis, Mar 14, 2024.

1. Timothy Curtis

Builder

Thought I was done with my 1515 build and discovered I may of missed a step, looks like my Y axis nut blocks are on the upper plate... (Ya I know stupid mistake) .. in any case will it be as easy as removing the y axis acme screw , removing the nut blocks and moving them to the lower plate? Thanks much for any input.

2. Timothy Curtis

Builder

Thought I was done with my 1515 build and discovered I may of missed a step, looks like my Y axis nut blocks are on the upper plate... (Ya I know stupid mistake) .. in any case will it be as easy as removing the y axis acme screw , removing the nut blocks and moving them to the lower plate? Thanks much for any input.

3. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

You do want it on the lower rail, so yes sadly some disassembly is going to come your way.
    How exactly, depends really on how much access you have and how far you are willing to go. I sadly don't have a recommended procedure for this one :)

I do think removing the nut in-situ might be possible, so give it a go.