Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Lead1010 or Sphinx55

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Jerosario, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Jerosario

Jerosario New
    Builder

I have gone back and forth on these two builds. My main goal is milling aluminum plates and some wood projects. I love the size of the Lead1010 but worry that the size of the Lead would impact accuracy/performance on smaller aluminum plate cuts. Am I wrong in my thought process? Would the Lead have the same performance as the smaller Sphinx? Thanks in advance for your replies!

2. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Go with the machine that best suits the nature of the work you intend to do the most of. In this case that would be the Sphinx 55. While it's only human to have the "what ifs", go with that which offers the best results for what you intend to do. If your needs grow somewhere down the line add a second larger system, still relegating each however to what it does best.

3. Jerosario

Jerosario New
    Builder

Th
    That is a good point, I figured the smaller frame would be a bit more rigid and precise to deal with aluminum plates. Now to wait for the parts to come in stock :)