Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

LEAD 1010 PLASMA Add-On

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by OpenBuilds, Apr 24, 2024.

1. OpenBuilds

OpenBuilds Well-Known
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

OpenBuilds published a new build:

Read more about this build...

2. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team

I was just thinking, with that extra space in the back and the X32's 4th axis someone could add a rotary set up :D

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  3. joematpal

joematpal New
    Builder

Thanks for releasing this guys. This is absolutely amazing. I bought the plasma torch for my Hynade CUT60DN. In your video you said it came with the attachment to plugin to the relay socket. I don't have that. Does anyone know how it needs to be wired? The leads in to the relay socket only have two connection points. However the wiring diagram for the signal control has 4 connections. How should this be wired up? I really feel like I'm missing something obvious. Does the relay control need to talk to both the start control signal in put and the arc starting signal output? or do we just ignore the arc starting signal output?
    [​IMG]

On a separate but related note, does this build need the touch off switch? The one from these docs, docs:blackbox-x32:connect-plasma [OpenBuilds Documentation].

#3 joematpal, Sep 8, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2024
    Mark Carew likes this.
  4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team

Switch is used for touchoff on a floating head. So technically yes you do need it. Watch the LEAD 1010 plasma assembly videos to see the floating head and where it goes etc as well as how it touches off between sections of the cut.

Wire pins 1 & 2 to relay

Mark Carew likes this.
  5. joematpal

joematpal New
    Builder

Ah! Double thank you. Do you have time time stamp on the video where the touchoff is mentioned?

6. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team

If you are building our kit, best to watch the whole video. I don't have an exact timestamp as its part of the complete assembly, at different stages (preassembly, etc)

7. joematpal

joematpal New
    Builder

I watched the whole video. And went back and re-watched. I was just trying to expedite the process is you knew where the timestamp was. The video is an hr long. I mean it is a great video with a brilliant host.

I found the timestamp.

It starts at the 34 min mark.

Again cheers a million. This has helped so much. You guys releasing this kit has been amazing. I hope to be up an running shortly.