Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

LaserTree 20W on BlackBox X32

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Trevor Farnum, Mar 22, 2023.

1. Trevor Farnum

Builder

Does anyone have any experience plugging in a LaserTree 20W into a Blackbox X32? Any troubles? I have a modified metal Ox, all on lead screws. I'm hoping I can get the speed I need to engrave without cutting straight through my materials. It says it supports PWM too.

I'm thinking I can follow the instructions here and get it setup on my new build, hoping someone might be able to indicate it's stress free or what kinds of problems I will have:

Here's the link for anyone interested: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804099242106.html
    Thanks in advance.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

The most stress-free option would be to rather use one of our recommended suppliers: Lasers - OpenBuilds Part Store - both provide excellent products, excellent support, videos that show you how to connect it to BlackBox, all you need for a "stress free" setup.

With other vendors, check what they offer in terms of documentation, support, warranty, etc and decide accordingly - with some you may well find yourself on your own

Generic laser wiring is covered in docs:blackbox-x32:start [OpenBuilds Documentation] (Sections 3.3.2 and 3.3.3)

3. Trevor Farnum

Builder

I couldn't agree with you more and don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of the Openbuilds ecosystem, products, team, etc. I just want to keep my hobby at an expense level the boss approves of. The lasers that are OB approved start at $700 and go up. If there was a lower cost model, at a similar price point, I 100% would have bought it from OB. I paid $330 for a 20W laser. Being a part of the open community there is a certain amount of pain when you go off the beaten path, but thats also part of the fun. Plus, happy to share my experience if I end up being the only person with this laser. Just hope I am not on a dirt road, amd hope I can find a paved path to getting this thing working at a low price point. As always, appreciate your wisdom and knowledge!

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.