Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Issues With Plasma Touch off

Discussion in 'Laser Cutters' started by LScout800, Nov 1, 2023.

Tags:
  1. LScout800

LScout800 New
    Builder

I built a plasma table over the summer, and it works great except I cannot get the z-axis touch off to work. I am using a style with a limit switch, and every time I turn the machine on it says the switch was tripped. I am running an Arduino Uno with GBRL, using Fusion 360 to write the g.code, and Open Builds to process it.

What happens is that every time I set the option in Open Builds that there is limit switches on my machine, a couple seconds later the alarm trips. When I clear the alarm it trips again right after. Does not matter if the pins on the Arduino have wires in them or not, the alarm still trips. I have tried multiple Arduinos with the same results. When I say there is no limit switches on the machine, it works flawlessly. I have also tried hooking up the switch to where it is normally open, but with the same result.

Anyone else have this issue or could chime in some tips to help troubleshoot?

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Touchoff should be a Probe not and Endstop

David the swarfer likes this.