Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

INTERRUPTION PROGRAM WITH GRBL ERROR

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Maddi, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Maddi

Maddi New
    Builder

Hi there, recently I have a problem about software interruption during the operation, suddenly the program stopped with this message: Homing fail, could not find limit switch within search distance. defined as 1.5 * max_travel on search and 5 * pulloff on locate phase. $H

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Check that your Maximum Travel values in Grbl Settings match your actual machine's movable workarea, and use the Troubleshooting tab to make sure all your limit switches are working correctly

3. Maddi

Maddi New
    Builder

Tanks peter, could you tell me how I can continue my graving program after an interruption without comme back the first command in program, because just after interruption, I have to run the program at first command another one.

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Manually edit the gcode. As earlier modals have to present, and the machine has to have custom position moves to position it ready to enter the first point you want to resume from without crashing. Its too hard to automate, best left to humans with experience. Or if you can re-cam to exclude already done sections.