Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Interface USB issue

Discussion in 'Interfaces' started by Yohaneg, Feb 9, 2023.

1. Yohaneg

Yohaneg New
    Builder

I recently bought the new X32 black box and after going through all the steps and updates finally got it to work with the Interface. My interface is the first model that came out ( don't know if there is a newer model ) so I did the retrofit steps with the provided jumper from the Black box and I did the update to the latest firmware, also did the setup for the USB in the Openbuils control software with the wizard.
    Now when I start the Interface with the USB inserted it reads the USB and I'm able to go to the setup files in there, but if the USB is not inserted at start up and I insert it later it won't read it and I need to restart the interface again with the USB inserted in order to see it in the interface. Also tried to run a gcode and it ran maybe 1% of the file and stopped and it said job complete, or in a previous run it stopped and shows ERROR USB not found.
    I also noticed that it stopped vibrating and beeping when I press a key, I have to go into Interface settings (which all settings are ON) and it starts working again.
    So I don't know what the issue is or if there is a newer Interface that is more compatible with the X32 black box or if there are more settings to get my Interface to work with the X32.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

If the Interface is still in a valid warranty period, you can contact the store via Support > New Ticket

Otherwise you will need to order a new Interface.

3. Yohaneg

Yohaneg New
    Builder

No, I don't think is on under warranty any more, its been like almost 2 years already.
    Yeah they are out of stock right now I guess I'll have to run it with the computer.

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.