Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

interface problems after computer crash

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Tom Bellfoy, Sep 15, 2023.

1. Tom Bellfoy

Builder

I should have stayed in bed today, seems like anything that could go wrong today did go wrong.
    I was working on a file in Vcarve pro, sent the file to the USB port and my interface could not recognize the data, seems like at least one file was missing on the original Openbuilds USB stick, this is where I did something to the computer and all hell broke loose, icons everywhere on the desktop. so basically I
    cleared unwanted icons and decided to reprogram the Openbuilds USB stick, I managed to end up with three files on the stick but now the interface looks like chinese data when I try to load a working file. I followed the documentation instructions to no avail. My blackbox is version 2.7 and I do believe I may have previously
    tried to load the newer 32 version.

2. Tom Bellfoy

Builder

lots of people have looked st this thread but no replies. Basically I'm questioning if I just reload the version 2.7 with the current blackbox software into the interface - wil that clear up problem and allow me to load working files ?

3. sharmstr

sharmstr OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Im a bit confused by your post. But let me see if I can help.

First, I'd disconnect the interface from the blackbox and disconnect the blackbox from the computer. Make sure that control is installed correctly on the computer. You can uninstall, restarting, reinstall if necessary.

Second, connect the blackbox to the computer. Flash the correct firmware to it.

Third, make sure Control can connect to the blackbox. Home and jog your machine around. Once you are confident everything is working, then move on to Interface.

Forth, connect the Interface. If its not connecting correctly, resinstall the firmware. The documentation will walk you through that.

Report back with any issues.

Giarc and Peter Van Der Walt like this.
  4. Tom Bellfoy

Builder

Thank you Shawn. Busy weekend ahead so I'll get at it as time allows. I will follow your instructions as you suggested. really appreciate your reply
    Thank you

sharmstr likes this.
  5. Tom Bellfoy

Builder

working well now, I had entered incorrect model type of the interface while setting it up..thanks to all