Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Integrate OpenBuilds frame with xTool D1 Pro 20W laser head?

Discussion in 'Laser Cutters' started by Awestruck, Sep 28, 2022.

1. ArtifactEngineering

Builder

Hi Matthew,
    I just purchased the D1 pro 10W. I'd like to switch control boards to the MKS DLC32 and hoped you could share your wire schematic. Did you combine the two 24v pins? I don't know what the 2nd one is for. (crosshares?)
    I'm planning to control air assist with the board as well. Any recommendations on a relay?

#31 ArtifactEngineering, Feb 28, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2023
  2. BTAI

BTAI New
    Builder

I'm about to finish up with a 2000 x 1300 home-built gantry laser and I went with the 20w laser from Laser Tree (lasertree.com). After several months of messaging xTool, Comgrow, and some others that never responded. I found that Laser Tree had the best tech support and what seems to be the best 20w module for the price after some discounts. They would answer my question within minutes and seemed to know the ins and outs of the module. The documentation for it is online and easy to understand. It only takes 3 wires to run the module, GND, 24v, and 5v pwm. I'm using GBRL firmware with OB's V- Slot, steppers, and some other hardware. I'll keep the forum updated as I complete the project.

#32 BTAI, Mar 6, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2023