Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Homing correct, but coordinate way off

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Project816, Jan 19, 2024.

1. Project816

Builder

I just started with cnc 3 days ago. Now that's out of the way here my problem.

When starting up to this point my homing coordinates where x-851 y-231 not they are reading x-805 y/-725 also it shows my spindle location to the far right and not at the x/y intersection.

Note: I uninstalled, reinstalled OpenBuilds control back to the factory default setting just like 3 days ago. reset black box, unplug power from power box, tested all my limit switches.

Thanks in advance
    Project816 IMG_5037.jpeg IMG_5037.jpeg

2. Misterg

Misterg Veteran
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

What your pictures show are the Work Coordinates. You can make them read anything you want.

The spindle location is shown where the Work coordinates say it is, relative to the origin of the job.

You need to jog your spindle to where you want to origin of the work to be then click the 'Set Zero' buttons next to the X and Y coordinates.

(You will also need to set your Z height).

ETA: Is the travel direction of your axes set up correctly? Jogging X+ should move the spindle to the right; Jogging Y+ should move the gantry away.

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  3. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder