Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Have you considered a UK/EU support/parts center?

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by drmore, Oct 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drmore

drmore New
    Builder

It's pretty hard to get support for Openbuilds products on this side of the globe. There is a lag of 24/48 hours to get a response and that simply isn't good enough. I reported an error to my retailer on Friday (6 days ago) and I still don't have a response other than to follow the troubleshooting (I did, several times over). It's not my retailer that's causing the hold-up. The issue is the time difference. You either need a night shift or someone in our timezone.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

If its an official reseller, you can try Contact Us Form - they may be able to assist
    If its not an official reseller, contact the store above as well for a list of official resellers in your area

If your issue does not directly relate to a store question (shipping, warranty, payment etc) - ie technical questions etc, you can also post them here on the Forum and we'll be happy to answer

3. drmore

drmore New
    Builder

My issue isn't who to speak to but the delay in responding.

Six days and we are still waiting for a response. There was one response we received on Monday saying to follow the troubleshooting. Nothing further despite several emails chasing it up.

You have lots of customers in Europe surly it would make sense to have at least one person in our timezone that can help with issues.

4. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team

Ooznest is in your time zone. Try contacting them.

5. drmore

drmore New
    Builder

The store I purchased from (RatRig) has been very helpful but they hadn't had a response from Openbuilds since Monday. I understand that there are reasons for that, time-zone is one. Many of your customers use these devices for business. Waiting a week for help isn't great.

RatRig very kindly sent me a replacement so I can get back up and running. They informed me that the usual procedure is to ship faulty items back to the US for repair?? The shipping costs must be astronomical?! Then theirs the turn around time. Having a 2-week downtime isn't acceptable especially if it takes a week or longer to get the first reply. Having a repair center in Europe would half that downtime, save on shipping, and increase customer satisfaction. Doesn't have to be a big operation and I'm sure there's plenty of UK/EU users on this forum that could do it and would be grateful for the income.

Plus when I eventually need a spare part, being able to get it the next day would be good.

6. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team

Thank you for the suggestion, it has been relayed to the appropriate team
    Store-related matters are best discussed with the Store at http://support.openbuilds.com/support/home and resellers discuss their relationship with OpenBuilds themselves :)

Mark Carew likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.