Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

GRBL and UGS custom path and dwell code

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by PMO-451, Sep 11, 2024.

1. PMO-451

PMO-451 New
    Builder

Hello all, still working on my first build.

I have done some searching on google and through the forum, and I can't seem to find any info on this so thought I would ask it in a thread of my own, please direct me elsewhere if this is something commonly known :)

I am using GRBL and universal G-code sender to create a 2 axis CNC bed with an Arduino UNO, in order to hold a sensor suite and traverse it across a plate. I want to move across the plate in a snake pattern, stopping intermittently to take a reading with the sensor. I am not sure of the commands or how to make a custom pathing like this, so far I have just used simple commands to send the X and Y axis to different locations, however I would like to run it while I am away, and come back to it being completed its pathing.

The motion I am looking for would be something like the following:
    Move x-axis 100mm
    Dwell for 4 seconds to allow the sensor to take an auto reading
    Move x-axis 100mm and dwell again, continue this and then after a few readings move the Y-axis to the next row and repeat.

I would love to know how to command pathings of this nature, please point me to any resources that may be of assistance.

Thanks in advance for your time.

2. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

the pause is the G4 command
    G Codes

draw the path you want on some paper and fill in the coordinates, then wrtie the Gcode using those positions

PMO-451 likes this.