Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

gcode

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Tracy5, Oct 23, 2023.

1. Tracy5

Tracy5 New
    Builder

Hi , I hope you can help , I have not carved any thing in a few months but the last time I did every thing worked fine . Today I got my file prepared and generated gcode and everything seemed fine but it will not prompt me to send gcode to my machine . it just says save gcode . My computer was hooked up to the machine and I can jog all directions so I know its connected . Last time it did this , which I can't remember how long ago , I got a message when i was connecting to open builds that I needed to update , I tried to bypass the message cause I was in a hurry , but my gcode would'nt transfer till I did the update . When I got into open Builds today I did'nt receive any message telling me to update. I generated gcodes of different files and none of them would prompt me to transfer to be able to cut . If I need to update can you tell me how to do this since I have'nt received any message prompting me to update . I hope I've made sense at what I'm trying to tell you . Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Follow the onscreen instructions please.
    Transfer was just a convenience feature, been removed for a while. Use the SAVE button and Open it in CONTROL

3. Tracy5

Tracy5 New
    Builder

Ok, thank you , thats what it was telling me to do but I had'nt seen that before so I thought something was wrong . I'll have to tinker with it to know how to do that .

4. Tracy5

Tracy5 New
    Builder

I got it figured out . Thank You