Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

G33 Error

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by GRMark, Dec 4, 2022.

1. GRMark

GRMark New
    Builder

I'm unsure if this is the place to post this but here it goes. I am working on a Vcarve inlay project. I'm using Vcarve Pro 11.5 and have an Open Builds CNC with Black Box controller. While running the Gcode for the pocket with the V bit bit I have experienced a G33 error and of course the cutting terminates. This pocket goes to a depth of .24 inches and the error occurred at the .18 depth. I did not loose the origin point with the error and can re-home the machine. I then went and recalculated the tool path gcode from the vectors that followed the problem and all was good. I now have a section of this project that is cut too shallow. As I understand this error code it has something to do with significant figures in the calculations. Any ideas? I've got a lot of time into the wood prep for this project to not try to solve it.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Which Post Processor are you using?

3. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

please post only the pocketing operation that failed and attach that Gcode file here so we can check it for problems.