Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Fusion in Openbuilds Control

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by Goggs, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Goggs

Goggs New
    Builder

Hello everyone. I built an OX and have completed the "Hello World" without a problem. My problem starts when I post for grbl from fusion. When I start the machine, it starts out fine going to the starting point, then it slams straight up on the z hitting the switch and stopping. My board is the xpro from openbuilds. I've "all home" without any problem and also set a different 0 point to start from. I've I've tried the included grbl and the strooom without any improvement. I've read many post and believe I'm close but still need a little help. Here is the start of the code. I appreciate any advise.

(1001)
    (Top Cutout)
    (T4 D=0.25 CR=0 - ZMIN=-0.75 - flat end mill)
    G90 G94
    G17
    G20
    G28 G91 Z0
    G90

(2D Pocket6)
    T4 M6
    S5000 M3
    G54
    M8
    G0 X11.4398 Y14.6405
    Z1
    Z0.5
    G1 Z0.125 F20
    X11.4391 Y14.6413 Z0.1179

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Goggs likes this.
  3. Goggs

Goggs New
    Builder

Thank for your reply but still no joy. Still just start and then z shoots up and hits limit switch. This happens after in has been “home all” and then moved a little and rezero z on stock surface. Vid and pic included

Attached Files:

4. Rob Taylor

Rob Taylor Master
    Builder

How much z-height have you got? The z25.4 while it's still in G0 mode from above catches my eye in the code, and the video appears to agree; it looks like it G53 rapids to 3mm below the switch, which is fine, but then later tries to go to a position above it in G54 coords. Proper grbl work area settings should have voided that move, but to test just try changing that line to z10 and see what happens.

Peter Van Der Walt and Goggs like this.
  5. Goggs

Goggs New
    Builder

Update. Changing Z25.4 to Z10 allowed the cnc to run as it should until it came to that same Z25.4 later in the code. So I'm going to say that's the problem. I have to find where to change that in post while in fusion. If you guys know where to change it along with changing it to allow inches instead of mm, could you please advise. In any case though, thank you guys for helping another beginner out.

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  6. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

this is note a post thing it is a heights tthing