Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

DeWALT DWP611 substitute?

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Coleman Martin, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Coleman Martin

Builder

I'm looking for the DeWALT DWP611 trim router which I fits the 71mm router mount on the Lead machine Z axis. I can't find it locally or online. Is there a substitute? Currently I'm using a Makita trim router which is slightly smaller, making up the difference with a 3d printed shim but the shimmed setup is not as rigid as it should be. Is there a source for the DeWalt or a smaller router spindle mount that fits available trim routers? Or have people moved to a spindle that fits the mount?

2. sharmstr

sharmstr OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Check out the RoutER11: RoutER11 CNC Kit

Comes with an aluminum sleeve to fit the bigger spindle mount. I ran the Dewalt with two spindle mounts until I bought this. I was worried about only running one mount again, but I've had zero issues. In fact, my cuts are quieter and cleaner. It has precision collets and bearings, and adjusts the motor automatically to keep up with the specified speed when doing heavy cuts.

If you use the Kent dust shoe on your Dewalt, you will have to use a 3d printed sleeve. I made one that also diverts the air flow from the router towards the vac hose connection. You can find it here: RoutER11 to Kent Dust Shoe Adapter w/ Air Deflector

I know my tags say that I'm an OB staff member, but I'm not. I'm an end user like you so I dont get any money from endorsing it. I'm just really happy with it.

3. Coleman Martin

Builder

If I understand the link, that is only available for the 230V 50 Hz version of the trim router. Any 120V options?

4. sharmstr

sharmstr OpenBuilds Team

Shoot. They are out of stock. I didnt notice that. I have a 110

5. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team

From the web page "Due to popular demand, the RoutER11 is available as an option on machine bundles only."
    120V will be back in stock eventually. Contact the parts store to find out when. But that still doesn't get you past the "machine bundles" hurdle.

65mm router mounts in the OpenBuilds style are readily available through Amazon, ebay, and all the usual China vendors. Why OpenBuilds hasn't added them to the shop is truly unknown as so many people use the Makita routers.

Honestly though if your system is capable of cutting one why not take the opportunity to do it yourself.

6. Coleman Martin

Builder

Are 65 mm router mounts tapped in the right place to screw to the Z axis plate? I don't relish the idea of taking my Z axis off but that might be the best option with the Dewalt unobtainable. The CAD file for the stock mount says the plate attachment screw holes are centered 60mm apart. Looking on amazon....

#6 Coleman Martin, Mar 13, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  7. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team

The ones done in the Openbuilds style (the flat square ones) are typically drilled to fit V-slot assemblies. You might check with the vendor to verify to be sure though.