Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Channel Measurement?

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by egropp, Feb 11, 2020.

1. egropp

egropp New
    Builder

Does anyone know the measurement of the channel in the 8020 and the 8040 (i would imagine they are the same).
    I am looking to buy some and would like to make sure they match what i already have (already made the mistake once).
    I cannot seem to locate the specs on the store site.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

All technical drawings are available in OpenBuilds Parts | OpenBuilds and OpenBuilds ® | 3D Warehouse

3. Doug LaFleur

Builder

I found the channels on 20-20 and 40-20 from 80/20 Inc to be a hair over 5mm, which did not fit my OpenBuilds extreme wheels. the wheels did fit the Chinese struts, which had a 6mm slot.

4. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

The extreme V wheels are designed for v-slot aluminum profile not the t-slot from 8020. 8020 does make their own wheels, but holy crap the price is outrageous for one wheel with bearings! Roller Wheels - Panels & Door Components

5. Rob Taylor

Rob Taylor Master
    Builder

Not to mention, will be forced to have slop in order to move. V-wheels are inherently superior because they self-center and as you tighten them up, any transverse movement is eliminated without binding against anything.