Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Acro mounting plate dimensions

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by AllanArt, Feb 3, 2020.

1. AllanArt

AllanArt New
    Builder

Is there a mechanical drawing that shows the exact measurements, hole and slot sizes and placement, of the X mounting plates that ship with the acro - preferably in metric?

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Head over to the Files and Drawings tab of OpenBuilds ACRO System
    You can extract the plate from the provided Sketch up assembly and get all the dimensions from within sketchup.

3. Graeme Stevens

Builder

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I have the same problem, there are no dimensions in the dxf files, I tried getting dimensions from sketchup but how do I produce a dxf from that which will print/laser at the correct size? Do I need to manually dimension the dxf with the dimensions I found in Sketchup? Seems a bit of a kludge, I must be missing something.

4. AllanArt

AllanArt New
    Builder

It's been a while so I've forgotten the details of how I went about using the OB .skp file, but I was able to successfully construct a 3D model in Fusion 360 of the 1010's gantry plate, and use that model to design and 3D print a moving pen holder to mate up with the plate - using the model of the gantry plate as a reference in Fusion. I've attached the stl file I used but I can't tell you how exact the dimensions are. However, the scale was accurate enough for the mounting holes on my pen holder to line up as needed - once I scaled the 3D model gantry plate up properly in Fusion. If memory serves me, I seem to recall using calipers in the process but again, it's been a while since I did this. Suffice to say it served its purpose for me. Besides the stl model file, I've also attached an skp and dxf file too - if that will help. Good Luck.

Attached Files: