Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

5 Axes / Maslow Question

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Marius119, Aug 10, 2023.

1. Marius119

Marius119 New
    Builder

Good evening guys,hope you are all well.@Scott Thompson, sorry to so rudely interrupted on you post,I am new to this thread and was not particularly sure where to post my questions.

I have build a 5 axis Cnc machine and I am currently running a masso controller on the Machine. The machine works great but have a few problems on of which is TCP I have managed to make a few mods to Post and got it working but my faith has run out now. I have been reading up about Linux Cnc and I am strongly looking into changing over to get my machine running properly,but ai have no clue where to start. I am looking for someone to build me a Linux controller and help me setup the machine so I can get it going. If you guys have any advise or know of someone that can help me I would greatly appreciate it. Many thanks

2. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

does Masso have forums? if they do then that is the place to ask about solving your TCP problem

3. Rob Taylor

Rob Taylor Master
    Builder

Getting a LinuxCNC machine up and running in 3 axes is pretty straightforward... Maybe work on that first (I strongly recommend Mesa cards, probably at least a 6i25 and 7i76, but YMMV for 5-axis capacity) and then add the two other axes once you're more comfortable with HAL. The software modularity is helpful in that regard.

David the swarfer likes this.