Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

1010 C Beam black plastic strips

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by RC65, Feb 6, 2023.

1. RC65

RC65 New
    Builder

Just purchased the 1010 and had a quick question about the black plastic strips that are in the v groove of the c beam.
    Might be a dumb question but I’m assuming these need to be removed when attaching the plates and wheels to the c beam and setting preload?
    In other words
    The wheels will not seat correctly in my mind in the v slot on the rail if the plastic strip is in the slot.
    I adjusted the eccentrics just enough to take any play out when plate is rocked right and left if that makes any sense.
    Thanks for the help!

#1 RC65, Feb 6, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
  2. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

The plastic slot covers may have been placed in the slots to prevent damage during shipping. They shouldn't be in any groove where wheels will be running. Pull them out for now and put them back in the appropriate location as you near completion. Review the video and photos to verify where they should be.

3. RC65

RC65 New
    Builder

Thanks for the reply
    Sounds like I assumed right and I’m in the last stages of assembly now and looking forward to firing it up soon!